Menu

CHS
Back Yard

Information on Consuelo Flores Copp?

• 12 Jul 2021 6:40 PM
    Message # 10747136

Hi everyone! I received a letter looking for information on Consuelo Flores Copp. The person writes that Consuelo "traveled with various circuses and carnivals as a trapeze artist in the 1930s and 1940s and possibly the 1950s. She married Joseph Copp in Ottawa, Canada (who also was with circuses and carnivals). They had two daughters - the first one, Adelita was born in 1945. Later she left the family in Ottawa in the early 1950s and after that I lost track of her. Consuelo 'Connie' had two brothers, Georges Flores (a young boxer who lost his life in the ring - Madison Square Garden in 1951) and a brother Michael who I cannot locate."

I will compile responses and mail them to the person (I don't want to put their personal info out here on the internet). I have attached photos that were included with the letter.

1 file
  • 26 Aug 2021 1:19 PM
    Reply # 10958782 on 10747136
    Al Stencell

Re Consuela,

If this is the same lady I knew she was on Bill Lynch Shows in the martimes for many seasons. She was with Capt. Schultz's lion act on a number of carnivals but on Bill Lynch she had a number of shows including a fighting lion act, animal shows, etc. I last visited her when she was living in a small cottage on the Bill Lynch shows winter quarters in Mt. Uniack, N.S. She gave me a lot of photos plus her bull hook. She told me she was a show girl in NYC shows. Showed me how to take an old fedora and make it into a pointed clown hat. She was just a lovely lady.

Please contack me, Al Stencell

stencell@sympatico.ca

• 6 Apr 2022 1:57 PM
    Reply # 12696973 on 10747136
    Anonymous

Hello,

Consuelo is my son's great grandmother. I would LOVE any information, pictures etc anyone would have for her and her husband Joseph Copp.

Thank you,

Janet 

jlg1415@hotmail.com